Although lockdown restrictions were removed on the 19th of July 2021, the hospitality industry was advised to continue to use it’s judgement based on personal settings.
We have decided that we will continue with our ‘COVID Safe’ practices for the remainder of 2021 and will review in January 2022 with the hope of reintroducing our pre COVID provision.
This means the ‘Safer Breakfast’ service will continue, hence a full traditional English breakfast will not be served until the 2022 season. Hand sanitiser is available at all times. We continue to ask guests to wear their masks whilst walking through the communal areas.
We have been awarded the ‘Visit England We’re Good To Go’ and ‘AA COVID Confident’ safety accreditations. We have taken many steps to ensure we can do so safely, and you can find out more below.
If you are looking for information about deposits and cancellations, then please read our Coronavirus Deposits and Cancellations post here. For stays until the end of 2021 we are only taking a £5 deposit to give you peace of mind should things change again.
We have produced a ‘Stay in Safety’ guide for all our guests, copies of this will be emailed to you (if possible) before your arrival and copies will also be available in your rooms for your reference. You can also read it by clicking the button below.
We will always adhere to the current government guidance which can change daily, if you have any doubts or questions then please contact us.
We continue to ask all our guests to wear masks whilst in our hallways and stairwells. You do not need to wear them whilst in your room or whilst seated in the breakfast room.
Local Restrictions / Tiers – We don’t know what the coming months will bring, if either you or Us have to lockdown (whether locally or part of a national lockdown) then we will honour the deposit/cancellation terms of your booking. If we are subject to a local lockdown, we will contact you as soon as possible, giving you a full refund or option to move the booking.
We ask and trust that our guests will be safe and responsible and ensure they do not put us or our guests at risk by following the current rules.
Due to the close proximity of tables in our dining room we have changed to a ‘Breakfast Basket’ option, delivered to the rooms in the guesthouse that have suitable seating (Rooms 2,4,7 and 8). For the remaining rooms (Rooms 1,3 and 6) a table is provided in the breakfast room where the basket will be placed on the designated table. NOTE: This will continue for the whole of 2021.
• All breakfasts to be pre-ordered on forms by 10 pm on the previous evening.
• Baskets will be delivered to room doors at 8:45 and collected from rooms during daily room cleaning.
• Baskets are labelled for rooms and all storage is thoroughly sanitised between guests.
• All food will be prepared onsite, and we follow strict food hygiene guidelines.
• A ‘room only’ option is available for your stay at £10 per night discount per room.
• Single-use items are provided wherever possible.
We optimistically expect normal breakfast service to resume from 2022.
• 10:15 checkout and rooms are thoroughly cleaned ready for the next arrivals.
• Final balance payment can be made online, however, cash can be taken.
• Keys are sanitised ready for the next guests to arrive.